Mergers and Acquisitions
Our Mergers and Acquisitions section represents parties engaged in structuring, negotiating and consummating mergers, acquisitions and sales and purchases of business entities and their assets. In addition to transactions in the Energy area, the Firm and its attorneys have substantial experience in purchasing and selling businesses engaged in the following industries: construction materials, medical products, radio station, aircraft, automobile dealership, transportation, vessels, funeral homes, insurance, software telecommunications, food and beverage distributors, and restaurants. Transactions include mergers, acquisitions, management buy-outs, leveraged buy-outs, divestitures, recapitalizations, and roll-ups. Many of our clients have never sold a business before and the Firm is very cognizant of its role in educating the client about the various allocation of risk issues involved in negotiating and structuring the representations, warranties and indemnities that comprise a significant portion of the acquisition documents.
- Conduct due diligence.
- Preparation of disclosure schedules.
- Review and provide advice for structuring transactions.
- Draft and negotiate acquisition documents.
- Analyze various legal issues including issues involving antitrust (Hart-Scott-Rodino Premerger Notification Act ), intellectual property, employment law, Employment Retirement and Income Securities Act, tax (federal, state and local), and labor law, Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act ("Plant Closing" or "WARN" Act).
- Sale of construction materials manufacturer and supplier to Stock Building and Supply.
- Representation of owners of Redfish Rentals in recapitalization by HIG Capital.
- Representation of Spitzer Industries, Inc. in acquisition of Curtis Kelly, Inc.
- Representation of purchasers of stock of Porta-Kamp Construction, Inc.
- Representation of international environmental consulting firm in acquisition by private equity firm.
- Representation of the owner of four hospitals in a $100+ Million sale.
- Representation of acquirer of two California hospitals.
- Purchase of Florida-based funeral homes from Service Corp. International, Inc.