Our Energy practice represents clients in all aspects of upstream, midstream and downstream energy production and procurement , including title review and preparation of oil and gas title opinions. Our clients include businesses and individuals who engage in exploration and production, processing, gathering and transmission as well as transporters, wholesalers, retailers, lessors and end users and providers of equipment, services, software and technology. In addition, we represent energy traders and brokers, as well as private equity funds formed to invest and acquire energy businesses and assets.
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting Operating Agreements, Farm-Out Agreements, NAESB Agreements, Sales Agreements and Daywork or Turnkey Drilling Agreements.
- Purchase and sale of reserves, producing properties, pipelines, saltwater disposal wells, and gathering and transmission stations.
- Debt and equity financing.
- Mergers and asset and stock acquisitions of energy companies.
- Negotiating and drafting Master Services Agreements.
- Sales, rentals or licensing of equipment or intellectual property via Supply, Requirements Sales, Licensing or Lease Agreements.
- Examining title records, determining surface, mineral and royalty interest ownership, and preparing title opinions.
- Representation of a private equity group financing a management buyout of Multi-Shot, LLC from Warrior Wireline Corp. and the subsequent recapitalization sale of a majority of the equity to Denham Capital for $165 million.
- Representation of operating and nonoperating sellers of oil and gas reserves in multiple states in excess of $150 million.
- Representation of a drilling rig company in purchasing another drilling rig company for $140 million.
- Sale of Knowledge Systems, Inc., a leading pore pressure prediction and geomechanics solutions software provider, to Landmark Graphics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Halliburton Corporation.
- Purchase of a multi-state pipeline.
- Sale of OMNI Laboratories, Inc., a company providing complete core management services, to Weatherford International, Ltd.
- Purchase of the United States energy trading operations of Encana, Inc. on behalf of CIMA Energy, Ltd.
- Sale of Sup-R-Jar, LLC, a manufacturer of drilling jars, for $47.5 million to W-H Energy Services, Inc.
- Purchase of Texas Hot Shot, a leading provider of land transportation services to the energy industry, on behalf of VTL Holdings.
- Sale of Hutchison Hayes Separation, LLC, a leading provider of separation equipment and services, to Alfa Laval Group for $33 million.
- Sale of Capcoil, Inc., a coil tubing company, to Allis-Chalmers Energy, Inc.
- Successful representation of an energy service company in the purchase by auction of assets from Demay International, LLC out of bankruptcy.